Brae Bravo - refrigerant condenser
Allards International Ltd undertook the thermal design, mechanical design, engineering, expediting, procurement, fabrication, and testing and inspection of a refrigerant condenser - fully welded plate heat exchanger for Marathon Oil.
This heat exchanger was designed as a single, horizontal-orientated vessel. With sea water being used in the cooling process, titanium plates were specified for the plate-side. The shell was manufactured in carbon steel.
With a time-frame of just over eight months for design, procurement and fabrication, Allards International delivered the completed heat exchanger to Peterhead in February 2007 for integration into the Brae Bravo production platform in the North Sea.
The fully welded plate heat exchanger has a big advantage in size and weight over conventional shell and tube heat exchangers. The final weight of the unit was 1860kg.
• Scope of work: welded plate heat exchanger
• HE type: WP 825-1388
• Materials: carbon steel shell, titanium Gr 1 plates
• Design pressure bar(g): shellside 15.0, plateside 15.0
• Design temperature min/max (C): shellside -45/145, plateside -45/145
• Design code and regulations: PD5500 and PED 97/23/EC
• Number of plates: 440